Wednesday, February 22, 2012

OTR.com

I listened to The Adventures of Charlie Chan on otr.com because I thought it would interest me. I started listening to a few others before and none of them really sparked my interest but I do like mysteries and crime so that is why I chose this specific link. It was a little difficult for me to get into and follow but I definitely attempted. The detective was portrayed by Ed Begley who was much more intellectual when it came to solving crime, instead of relying on pure force. At about this same time, Sherlock Holmes came to be one of the most famous detective's of all time. Besides the mere information of the story, it did spark me as interesting that at the beginning they added advertising that seemed more like propaganda. Advertising for war bonds was mentioned, which only makes sense considering it was around the time of World War I against Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment